Sunday, March 15, 2009

A little bit more from the weekend....

Not too much more to say about the weekend.

Saturday night - Having had Subway for lunch earlier in the day, I was feeling a little homesick and very much in the mood for American style cuisine. I decided to take a chance on mexican food for dinner at Pete's Tex-Mex. I gotta say, I was very impressed; the Chinese make a decent enchilada and killer frozen magaritas (I repeat, KILLER). After dinner I went to a classy lounge/bar down on the Bund.

After speaking to my mom on the phone minutes ago, I realized that, as promised, I have been keeping this blog very Pg13. If like my mom, you need any reasurance that I am in fact misbehaving here in Shanghai, I've added a video below to prove it.

On Sunday - I went back to the park near campus to enjoy the weather, and do some people watching. Below are a few shots I took of the Chinese middle class at its best.

Gold Fishing Pond - Here kids and their parents put pieces of bread on little hooks and catch goldfish.














Chinese guy singing in a pagoda














My all time favorite- for a few quai you can put your child in a giant gerbil ball and shove them out into a pool of water. Crowds gather and laugh hysterically at the kids as they run and fall helplessly. Something tells me that this wouldnt fly in the U.S. - legal implications????














Paddle boats on the pond














Crowded entrance path.















The bar is on fire after a flaming shot at Club Rouge on the Bund. See mom, I am misbehaving in China!

No comments:

Post a Comment